Monday 7 November 2011

Reader profile's - In print and online

This is the audience profile for the Echo newspaper in Liverpool. It gives a clear representation as to what age, gender and social class the audience generally is. From this information I can see that the audience is generally split half and half between males and females, with the females having the slight advantage. The age group with the most print readers is 15-34 and interestingly the age group with the most online users is 45-54. This is a very diverse and unexpected age difference as it is usually the younger generations that use technology such as the internet and the older generations that read the actual newspapers. The social class with the most print readers is lower middle class/working class and the amount of online users is spread fairly evenly throughout the different social classes. This is particularly helpful in the design for my local print as it gives me an idea of who I should be appealing to with my stories/advertisements. From this information I can see that I need stories that will appeal to both men and women between the ages of 15-34 in the lower/working classes. Since liverpool is generally classed as a working class city this seems like the best option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment