Thursday 10 November 2011

Newspaper posters

I looked everywhere for posters of local newspapers but couldn't find any at all. However, I did find these 2 posters advertising The Guardian/Observer and The Star so I will analyse these instead.


The Star were looking for an effective advert to promote the RAF Cosford Air Show. They couldn't think of anything orginal so gave the project to the 'Positive Advertising' company. After putting the ideas down on paper they came up with something so blindly obvious yet very smart in advertising an air show. A paper airplane, or more specifically a newspaper airplane. This is the kind of image I want to use to promote my local newspaper as it is simple but eye catching.


The Guardian/Observer advert is more vague (I assume it is the corner spot of a football pitch since it is advertising 'Around-the-clock World Cup coverage) but I am especially inspired by the use of colours. It is very eye catching and draws attention to the text, unlike The Star which uses a very dull colour scheme.


If I can find a happy medium between a clever concept and eye catching colour scheme I believe that my poster will be a success. In the future I will begin to brainstorm ideas for a possible product, but for now I will continue to work on my front page and make daily updates on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment