Thursday 1 December 2011

Inside page ideas

Today I looked inside a local newspaper to get some more ideas for my inside page layout. I was surprised to see that there was quite a wide variety of layouts on each page within the same newspaper, so it wasn't such a linear decision as I first thought. Some of the pages had a massive amount of text and little amount of pictures whilst some others had a lot of adverts and pictures with a minimal amount of text. After looking through all the pages I decided to follow a similar layout to the bottom picture, with the story in the top left corner of the page, related pictures surrounding it and a big space for adverts at the bottom. Unlike this layout I won't use the bottom half of the page primarily for adverts, but I may add another short story in the bottom right corner just because I think it will look more professional. A lot of people choose to follow the same layout as the second page or something similar so I'm happy to do something a little different that is to my own taste, yet still stick to a conventional newspaper layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment